Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Helping Hands

  I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I often find it hard to except help from others. I'm not sure why, but I just can't ever seem to bring myself to ask. I think I might be trying to live up to the "Super Mom" stereotype. The truth is I do need help!

  I consider myself one lucky woman to have so many people who are willing to aide me in my time of need. For instance, my B.F.F., is always willing to drive down to my house to help my sorry butt out when I need her. Yet, I only seem to ask her to come help when I have to go somewhere and don't want to take children with me. When I'm home and she's here I still try to do too many things at once and don't ask for help even though it's obvious that I need it. So she follows me around asking if I need anything and my answer is "No, I'm good, but thanks though!" How dumb is that?!

  Yesterday was the 4th of July and both B.F.F. and my M.I.L. were here. So I had tons of hands to help if I needed it and I still had a hard time asking when I knew that both were ready and willing. Finally, last night, I gave in and let the B.F.F. hold the little guy while I went to use the restroom. I followed that up by letting my M.I.L. take him while I went outside to enjoy the fireworks with the rest of the family. It was so nice to enjoy the rest of the family for awhile :-) After that I followed it up by letting my M.I.L. put my daughter to bed.

  It feels so nice to let the reigns go for awhile. I need to stop and realize that mothers are just regular people too. We need help and can't function on little sleep forever! Sometimes we need to let others give us a helping hand. It doesn't make us less of a good mother but makes us better! Sometimes we all just need a few seconds to ourselves to reorganize our thoughts and to dos. I can say that I felt a lot more relaxed going to bed last night and it made getting up every 2hrs not so bad ;-) Do you have the same problem?


~Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment