Well today the family and I headed to Costco to stock up on some groceries to last us the next two weeks. Here is what we bought:
1. Costco Rotisserie Chicken $4.99
2. Beef Stew Meat $23.00/ 5.5lbs.
3. Romaine Hearts $2.99/ 6 hearts
4. Celery $2.99/ 4 stalks
5. Cuties $5.99/ 5lbs.
6. Bananas $1.39/ 3lbs.
7. Strawberries $5.99
8. Low Sodium Bacon $11.99/ 4lbs.
9. Eggs $5.98/ 4 dozen
10. Milk $5.19/ 2 gal.
11. Heavy Cream $6.49/ 1/2 gallon
12. Goldfish Crackers $???
13. Quaker Oats Breakfast Bars$???
14. Towels (2 Bath Sheets) $18.98
15. Hand towels (4) and Wash Cloths (4) $18.98
Total Spent $145.00
2 Week Menu Plan
Turkey Meatloaf with rice and a veggie
Baked Chicken with roasted potatoes and broccoli
Parm Crusted Tilapia with pasta and veggies
Italian Sausage Spaghetti and Salad
Beef, rice and bean burritos and salad
Pizza with a veggie or salad
Beef Stew or Beef Barley Soup over rice or pasta
Hot Dogs and Rice with onion or Hot Dog Fried Rice (my own experiment)
Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry over rice
Pork Chops with Baked Mac n Cheese and Green Beans
There are 10 items here the other 4 nights will be leftovers
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Chocolate Chip Brownies1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
2 cups of chocolate chips (your preference)
1¼ cup all purpose flour
1 cup of granulated sugar
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375℉
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pot heat 1 cup of the chocolate chips with the stick of butter. Stir them together until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove pot from heat
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and slowly add to warm chocolate mixture while constantly stirring until incorporated
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda and vanilla to chocolate mixture
- Mix until fully incorporated
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour batter into a greased 13×9in pan and bake for 18-22 minutes at 375℉
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan