Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Lost Memories...

  Well last night didn't go exactly as I hoped. I thought Jaden would be asleep by 10pm because he had been up fussing all afternoon and evening. I figured he was exhausted and there would be no possible way he would be up any later than that. Obviously, I was wrong!

  Poor little guy was so overtired. He kept rubbing his face and his eyes but he just couldn't fall asleep. Mommy was feeling the same way too since I'd been up for a good part of the night before and had started my day around 5am. Long story short Jaden cried and cried because he was tired and since nothing I did (feeding, burping, changing, rocking, holding, ect...) helped I cried with him in frustration.

  Finally around 10:30ish I gave in put him in bed with me and nursed him to sleep lying in bed. It did the trick and we were both out. I woke up around 12am and put him in the co-sleeper and he stayed asleep until 3:50am. Not bad, plus we both needed the sleep! He woke up two more times since but has gone back to sleep without a problem.

  As I sit here writing this blog it just reminds me how important sleep is. I know I can't function mentally or physically well if I don't get enough sleep. Reason for my crying episode last night. Looking back on it I feel silly for crying over him crying but in the moment I couldn't control my emotions. I know this happens to lots of parents out there and I am in no way the first or last that it will happen to. That makes it seem like a right of passage, I guess. I forgot about these sleepless nights since my daughter hasn't been a newborn for 5yrs. Now as I hit a bump in the road those lost memories are slowly coming back to me. I wonder what else I've forgotten?

~Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment