Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wow...

  Wow, I haven't blogged in like forever! Where to begin? Haha... Well I guess I'll start with some exciting news. I am now the mother to my brand new baby boy Jaden <3

  Jaden was born on June 12th and weighed a whopping 11 1/2 lbs... Talk about a buffalo!!! He may be a bit big but he's perfect and all mine to enjoy. So far he has been a pretty good baby. He eats, sleeps and poops just like he's supposed to. However, I wouldn't mind if he slept a bit more at night but what new parent doesn't wish the same?!

  As for home life we're all still trying to settle in to our new roles as a family of 4. I'm trying to figure out how to juggle 2 kids while making sure that I still give plenty of attention to my daughter, Alyssa. I find that it's definitely harder than I thought it would be but not impossible. Everyday is a bit better and I am just trying to take it one day at a time.

  Alyssa on the other hand has had her ups and downs. She loves being a big sister to her new brother but she is very aware that she no longer gets all of her mommy and daddy's attention. It's a hard adjustment for her, to say the least. She's improving though and loves to help hold the baby (assisted of course), feed him a bottle, kiss him and just love on him. Can't really ask for more than that at this point!

  So all in all it has been an eye opening 2 weeks. Everyday I look forward to what tomorrow will bring. I can't wait for the day when Jaden can interact with all of us as a family but for now I'm just going to sit back and enjoy my beautiful baby boy. Kids are only kids once and we all need to remember that! Enjoy the time you have together and be thankful for the gift of life. I know I am!

~Jazmin





No comments:

Post a Comment