Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Shopping...

  So after I dropped off my little one at school I took the opportunity to go do some shopping. I'm not someone who enjoys clothes shopping. But I do have a weakness...books! What kind of books you ask? Well today it was all about cookbooks.

  Some of you may know that I love to cook and others may just have learned this. I really do pride myself on having a nice home cooked meal on the table at least 5 nights a week and I do not use icky over processed foods either. I love being able to feed my family healthfully and as close to whole as I can get. However, I am not some crazy health obsessed person. I firmly believe in moderation.

  On my shopping list today were slow cooker cookbooks. Where I live it is pretty warm (high 90's) this time of year. So I wanted to be able to make dinner without turning my house into an oven itself. This is where the slow cooker comes in. I can throw my ingredients inside of it in the morning and have a nice dinner ready by dinnertime. No muss no fuss! What mother doesn't love that? As a bonus it barely puts out any extra heat compared to my oven and stove...woohoo!

  So tonight I will be going over my books to see what treasures I will find. Who knows I could find a recipe my daughter may actually want to eat for once...lol. I will let you all know if any of these cookbooks is worth its weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment