Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to School

 So today was the first day back to school for my little girl. I can't believe how fast getting to this point has been. She is now a pre-kindergartner and next year...kindergartner! My mind has been trying to wrap itself around this all day.

 I was extremely nervous as I tried to drink my coffee. I was imagining all kinds of scenarios that could happen when my little one walked into her classroom. Would she cry? Find kids and run off to play? I could only hope for the best as I prepared myself for the worst.

 At 8:15am we had arrived at school. We all were nervous about what awaited. When we walked through the door I could feel my daughter tense and become overwhelmed by all the new faces. We did manage to find her cubbie and put her backpack away without a single tear. Minutes later my daughter spotted two girls playing with trains. She calmly sat down unsure if she would be accepted and you know what? One of the girls said "do you want to play with us?"  Yay!!! Suddenly, friends were made and my little one was smiling.

My husband and I took that as an opportunity to say our goodbyes. We felt good leaving knowing our daughter had found something to do and friends to do it with. I was so thankful that there was a wonderful little girl who had shown my daughter friendship and kindness on her first day. This was by far the best back to school we could have imagined for our little one.




No comments:

Post a Comment