Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cloth Diapers?!

Why I wanted to cloth diaper...

Cloth diapering?! What, why?! That's pretty much the reaction I got when I first began mentioning it to friends and family. It seemed as if everyone thought I'd be up to my neck in poop and pee everyday...LOL! Here's the thing, I mean regardless of what type of diaper you go with (disposible or cloth) you are still supposed to put the solid matter (POOP) in the toliet before you wash or throw away. Bet that's news to many of you.

I figured that if I was going to be dealing with poop and pee why not save $$$ and put some cuteness on my baby's bum. So I began many many months of research. There was so much information and opinions. What diapers are the best, what's the best wash routine, how many diapers should you buy...
Oh, and all the lingo...AIO, pocket, AI2, fitteds, snaps, hook and loop, aplix, velcro, flats, prefolds, covers, PUL, ect... Eventually, I began understanding what I was reading and decided to start making my first purchases. I bought a few bamboo pocket diapers, some newborn diapers and some detergent.

Well I've been cloth diapering for over a year now and am very happy with my decision. It's been a bit of a learning curve but I really love it. My baby has a cute fluffy butt and I feel like I've saved some $ too! Although, I should mention that cloth diapers are addicting and you may find yourself buying way more than you need. They're just so darn cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment